We are looking for another AMAZING teacher to join our team for 2020!
Firstly, a little about us...
We are an awesome community based school that is working hard on maintaining strong dance technique in our beautiful dancers, while also building relationships with their families to mentor and grow them into great teens and adults. We have many children in Tauranga and Waihi who love to dance, and every single one of them is important to us. Each year we sit annual exams through ATOD and then work towards our end of year concert - both studios have their own concert. Please check out our values page to see more about what we believe in and what we do!
Why you will love working with us...
- We are a small but great team, we work together to help each other and support is always there when you need it.
- We are a dance family, all passionate about the same thing!
- Professional development is a priority for us, we will always help teachers to continue learning by sourcing courses that we believe will be of benefit to them.
- You will get paid to do what you love!!
- You have the chance to be creative and passionate every day, while making a difference in children's lives.
The Role - Passionate Dance Teacher & Motivator!
We are looking for an outstanding dance teacher who has experience in more than one style of dance.
Ultimately we would like someone for classes in our Waihi branch, therefore you need to be living in Waihi or surrounding areas, or be prepared to travel for work.
You must be able to work independently and be amazing with technology - you will need a smart phone as we do a lot of video recording and uploading online. This will be a part of your job so you must be comfortable doing this (we can give training in the programs we use).
You would be responsible for:
- Planning and preparing your dance classes.
- Setting up and packing up.
- Teaching the classes assigned to you, which includes exam preparation & teaching syllabus work.
- Learning the syllabus work you are to teach (we will assist with training in this).
- Ensuring children's safety while in class with you.
- Teaching and practicing safe dance technique.
- Choosing music, preparing/teaching choreography and designing costumes for shows & competitions.
- Reporting to the director and attending staff meetings or trainings where necessary (appropriate notice will be given).
If you think this sounds like the perfect job for you then please apply today! Send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org - please include a cover letter that outlines why you are the perfect person to join our Precision Dance Family. When we receive this we will let you know the next step in our application process.